At Short Action Customs we strive to make the custom rifle process as simple and painless as possible. Here is how most rifle builds typically start.
- E-mail us either the completed Completed Build Sheet, or a simple bullet point list of all parts and services requested. Please specify if the customer or Short Action Customs is supplying which parts. Please ask us questions about your build specifications and our processes. We like to spend a lot of time ensuring that we fully understand your needs and desires.
- Short Action Customs will respond to your E-mail with a formal estimate, please review the estimate for accuracy and let us know of any changes or corrections.
- To start your build, we require all parts Short Action Customs is supplying to be paid in full. The remainder of your balance can be paid in any frequency, but must be paid in full before we release the rifle.
- After payment is received to start the build. The customer will receive an Invoice for their rifle build. The customer is 100% responsible for ensuring all specifications are correct. Short Action Customs is not responsible for any assumptions that the customer makes about the specifications of his/her build. Please ask us questions. We are here to help and guide you through this process.
- We cannot start your build until we have all of the specifications including all parts, color options, barrel length options and such.
- We strongly discourage any changes at this point. Changes made to an approved order will be delayed. All delays will be at Short Action Customs discretion. We strive for a smooth build process with little to no disruptions.
- Before completion of the rifle build. The CUSTOMER is responsible for aligning an FFL on their end to receive the rifle in. Short Action Customs must receive an E-MAILED copy of the FFL Licence before shipping.
Shipping a rifle to Short Action Customs, LLC can be done easily by following these simple guidelines.
1. The shipper does not need to send his/her firearm through a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder unless Short Action Customs, LLC is permanently taking possession of the firearm. The customer may ship directly to Short Action Customs, LLC and Short Action Customs, LLC can ship the firearm directly back to the customer.
2. The shipper can use any carrier they wish. We prefer Fed Ex for a few reasons. (1) the customer can schedule a pick up at their home, print a shipping label and pay for the shipping all from their home. Fed Ex’s website is easy to use and free to sign up. Please insure your firearm and use quality shipping components. We see all kinds of damage from improper shipping methods. Please no packing peanuts or other bulk media.
3. The shipper is responsible for including their correct contact information provided below. We receive packages all the time with no contact information, in addition it’s typically shipped from a UPS store with no usable information on the box.
Contact’s full name.
Contacts current shipping address.
Contacts phone number and email address.
4. Payments can be included with the shipments. We prefer check or money orders, credit cards can be processed with the addition of a 3% fee.
5. If the customer needs a shipping box, we can provide a very high quality box of our design for $40. This box uses a inner/outer box design for ultimate protection. Inside the box we have our custom cut, high density foam to protect and stabilize the rifle during shipping. This is the best shipping box we have seen and used.
6. The customer is responsible for return shipment costs.